Unwilling to give up, COSMEDIX quickly became the most forward thinking professional skin care brand in the world. COSMEDIX combines the very best of science and nature including plant-based actives and pure essential oils to deliver powerful results without excessive irritation. However, what stays out of COSMEDIX formulas is just as important as what goes in. In addition to being the industry's pioneer in botanical-based skincare, COSMEDIX uses no parabens, PEGs, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate or Hydroquinone. Additionally, COSMEDIX ingredients and formulas are cruelty-free.
In a 2012 market analysis of over 50 leading professional and prestige skincare brands, COSMEDIX consistently proved itself ahead of the curve in terms of providing safe, effective, natural skin care.
Of the brands analyzed:
- - 62% continued to use parabens, despite potential health concerns.
- - 79% used polyethylene glycol, a common ingredient in antifreeze, to help stabilize their formulas.
- - 40% included irritating Sodium Lauryl Sulfate.
- - 40% relied on artificial dyes to make their products look more appealing.
- - More than 70% listed artificial fragrance among their ingredients.