When it comes to skincare, there are three products that seem very similar—a toner, an essence, and a facial mist. While these three products may have similar watery consistencies, they each serve a different purpose! This week in the blog, we are going through the benefits of each of these three products as well as how to implement them into your daily skincare ritual.
What is a Toner?
A toner is something that is used to help balance the skin and remove excess oils and impurities. We recommend the following toner to apply immediately after cleansing as the second step of your skincare routine:
- Purity Balance: Purity Balance is an Exfoliating Prep Toner that helps exfoliate and prep skin as it helps absorb excess oils and impurities for a clearer-looking complexion. Formulated with Salicylic Acid and L-Lactic Acid, we recommend Purity Balance for oily, acne-prone skin.
- Benefit Balance: Benefit Balance is an Antioxidant Infused Toning Mist that helps gently exfoliate and hydrate skin. Formulated with Green Tea, Aloe Vera, and L-Lactic Acid, we recommend Benefit Balance for dry, dehydrated skin.
What is an Essence?
An essence is similar to a toner but with different benefits. An essence helps prep the skin for other products in your routine and can add an extra boost of hydration. We recommend the following essence to apply after toning as the third step in your skincare routine:
- Surface Revival: Surface Revival is an Antioxidant Boosting Toner that acts as an essence as it helps brighten the look of skin and boost hydration. Formulated with Niacinamide and Mushroom, we recommend Surface Revival for oily and dehydrated skin.
What is a Face Mist?
A face mist is something that can be applied throughout the day to help hydrate the skin. Mists are great for throwing in your bag for extra hydration to the skin whenever you need it! We recommend the following facial sprays to add into your routine as a final step to your skincare routine after moisturizing, or as a touch-up while you are on the go:
- Mystic: Mystic is a Hydrating Treatment that provides daily, lightweight hydration as it helps protect the skin from environmental stressors. Formulated with Witch Hazel and Trehalose, we recommend Mystic for all skin types including oily, sensitive and blemish-prone skin.
- Crystal Clear: Crystal Clear is an ultra-hydrating Liquid Crystal Hydrating Treatment that helps hydrate the skin with lightweight, long-lasting moisture. Formulated with Liquid Crystal Technology and Kakadu Plum, we recommend Crystal Clean for dry, dehydrated skin.
To shop for more skin-loving products to add into your routine, or other bestselling skincare, head to cosmedix.com