Acne is a common skincare concern that impacts millions of individuals daily. While acne is most common in those 11-30 years old, the impact of blemishes can remain on our skin caused by acne scarring. This week in the blog, we are going to go through how to help prevent and reduce the look of acne scars so you can have clearer, more even-looking skin.
What is an Acne Scar?
Acne scars are marks left behind after a blemish has gone away. These pesky marks often appear as dark spots on the skin, resulting in an uneven skin tone and texture.
How Can I Help Prevent an Acne Scar?
If you notice a blemish on your skin, do not mess with it! Messing with a blemish is more likely to cause it to leave a scar. Instead, use skincare that is formulated with ingredients to target blemishes and help even the look of skin tone to help avoid a blemish that may leave a scar. We recommend the following products to help with blemish-prone skin:
- Clarity Skin-Clarifying Serum: Using a Skin-Clarifying Serum with ingredients like Salicylic Acid and Retinol help gently exfoliate skin for a smoother, clearer-looking complexion that can help clear up blemishes to help avoid potential acne scarring.
- Pure Enzymes Cranberry Exfoliating Mask: Gently exfoliating the skin with this Exfoliating Mask can help polish away dead surface skin for a smoother-looking appearance. Ingredients such as L-Lactic Acid and Cranberry Enzymes help exfoliate pore-clogging impurities for healthier-looking skin.
- Refine Refinishing Treatment: This Refinishing Treatment is specially formulated for those with oily, combination, or blemish-prone skin to help visibly refine the look of pores and reduce the appearance of blemishes.
How Can I Help Reduce an Acne Scar?
If you end up with an acne scar due to a lingering blemish, ensuring that you are using the right skincare can help fade the dark spot more quickly. Products with Antioxidants, Retinols, and different exfoliators can all be helpful when trying to get rid of a dark spot on the skin. We recommend the following products to help even out the look of an uneven skin tone:
- Brilliancy Vitamin C Brightening Face Oil: Using Antioxidants, such as Vitamin C, can help brighten the look of skin for a more even-looking skin tone. Brilliancy helps condition and brighten the look of skin with each use.
- Define Age-Defying Treatment with Hydroxy Acids & Retinol: Using an exfoliating treatment with Hydroxy Acids and Retinol can help even out the look of skin tone. Define gently exfoliates the skin to promote a smoother-looking texture.
- Zinc Defense Mineral Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50: Wearing SPF daily can help protect skin from UVA and UVB rays which can damage the complexion. This conditioning Mineral Sunscreen helps protect the skin from environmental stressors for a healthier-looking complexion.
- A spa treatment: If you are looking for a professional treatment, use our spa finder tool to find a COSMEDIX spa near you to receive one of our peels or facials from a professional aesthetician.
To shop more bestselling skincare to help with acne scarring or other skincare concerns, head to cosmedix.com